Urban Big Data Centre Inaugural Workshop
- 30th September 2014
- 2:00pm - 4:45pm
- Botanics Suite, Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor GET DIRECTIONS
The Urban Big Data Centre's inaugural workshop is scheduled for the 30th September, held in conjunction with our official launch, and will feature three presentations from internationally recognised leaders in the field of big data and urban informatics (agenda below).
The event is free and particularly aimed at those who have a strong interest in cities, big data, urban informatics or public policy.
Currently the event is full, however if you would like to receive notifications of future Urban Big Data Centre workshops and events, please sign up to our newsletter or contact us.
1:30pm - 2:00pm Guest Reception Sign-in
- Refreshments and light lunch available prior to event
2:00pm - 2:15pm Welcome and Introduction
- Prof Piyushimita (Vonu) Thakuriah, Director, Urban Big Data Centre; Halcrow Chair of Transportation, Professor of Urban Studies, Affiliated Professor of School of Engineering, University of Glasgow
2:15pm - 3:00pm Modelling across scales and time: from urban to global, from ancient to modern
- Sir Alan Wilson FBA, FRS, Professor of Urban Regional Systems, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London; Chair, Lead Expert Group, Foresight 'Future of Cities' Project, Government Office for Science
20 minute comfort break
3:20pm - 4:00pm Urban Big Data Multi-Sectoral Model
- Prof Gwilym Pryce, Director, Sheffield Methods Institute; Professor of Urban Economics and Social Statistics, University of Sheffield
- Prof Geoff Meen OBE, Head of School, Professor of Applied Economics, University of Reading
4:00pm - 4:40pm Cities in the Age of Analytics
- Dr Glenn Geers, Technology Director of Infrastructure, Transport and Logistics, National ICT Australia (NICTA); Conjoint Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales
4:40pm - 4:45pm Closing Remarks