Big Data and Urban Informatics - NSF Chicago Workshop Proceedings
The Urban Big Data Centre is pleased to announce the newly available final proceedings from the Chicago Workshop on Big Data and Urban Informatics. The workshop was chaired by Professor Piyushimita (Vonu) Thakuriah, Director of the Urban Big Data Centre, sponsored by the U.S. National Science Foundation, and included participation from 160 attendees from around the world. Prof. Thakuriah's existing summary of the workshop can be read here.
The workshop proceedings, edited by Prof. Thakuriah (University of Glasgow), Dr. Nebiyou Tilahun and Dr. Moira Zellner (University of Illinois-Chicago), include nearly 70 papers from renowned academics in the field of big data and urban informatics and offer extensive analyses on a broad range of sub-topics, including:
- Analytics of User-Generated Content
- Urban Plan-Making
- Changing Organisational and Educational Perspectives
- Urban Knowledge Discovery
- Health and Well-Being
- Urban Data Management
- Livability and Sustainability
- Insights into Social Equity
- Emergencies and Crisis Informatics
- Urban Knowledge Discovery (Transportation)
- Urban Knowledge Discovery (Cities, Land Use, Energy)
The full proceedings can be downloaded below:
If you are interested in these proceedings, you might also be interested in the Urban Big Data Centre's range of innovative research projects. Likewise, if you have any questions on the workshop or the proceedings, please do not hesitate to contact us.