DataFest 2017 – Smarter Tourism: Shaping Glasgow’s Data Plan
- Wednesday 22 March 2017
- 09:00 – 13:00 GMT
- City Observatory, Institute for Future Cities, University of Strathclyde Technology & Innovation Centre, 99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD get directions
Keith Dingwall, UBDC's Senior Business Manager, will be speaking at the "Smarter Tourism: Shaping Glasgow’s Data Plan" fringe event as part of DataFest; Scotland's first week-long international data conference taking place 20 - 24 March 2017.
Following on from the £24m Technology Strategy Board-funded Future City Glasgow programme, tourism partners, Glasgow Life, Scottish Enterprise and VisitScotland are looking to develop a Data Plan for the city’s thriving tourism sector. The event, developed with the support of The Data Lab, the Institute for Future Cities and Scottish Enterprise, will offer attendees from industry and academia the opportunity to learn more about the city’s current priorities and plans in the tourism space, discuss the learning from existing academic or student data projects, private sector operators, collaborations and Future Cities initiatives, while also feeding insight and ideas into the next stage of data-led tourism innovation.
Please see the programme below outlining key activities for the day:
- Welcome: Darran Gardner (The Data Lab)
- Introduction to the Institute for Future Cities: Janette Hughes (City Observatory Project Manager)
- Data and urban challenges: Keith Dingwall (Urban Big Data Centre)
- 21st century travel and analytics - The City Perspective: Faical Allou (Skyscanner Analytics)
- Glasgow City Marketing Bureau predictive analytics project: John Wilson (University of Strathclyde)
- Introduction to Glasgow City Data Plan for Tourism: Daniel MacIntyre (Glasgow City Marketing Bureau)
- Facilitated workshop/ discussion session to help Glasgow consider and shape its new tourism Data Plan
Call for Expressions of Interest:
Apply to use our Data Services
If you want to access our novel and innovative urban data, or use our other data services, submit your interest by 31 March 2017!