Health and social care data
An increasing amount of data from health and social care services is becoming available to researchers. For examples of how this data is being used in existing UBDC-approved studies, please see the list of current projects using the Controlled Data Service.
Home Care Services: Public release files
Home care services (e.g. basic household tasks, personal or respite care) are purchased or provided by the council and provided to residents of the local authority. The homecare public release files contain data on social care clients who receive a homecare service. The data are at the individual level but have had certain characteristics either banded or removed to ensure the data is not disclosive. For the public release version, data is only available for clients aged 18 and over and for years 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Data owner: Scottish Government
- Coverage (geographical): Scotland
- Coverage (time): 2010 - 2012
- More information: See the Scottish Government website
- You can get more detailed versions of these datasets, or link these to other individual level data (e.g. health data), by applying for access to our Controlled Data Service.
- Renfrewshire Council social care data analysis
- Using linked data to understand the relationships between Multimorbidity and the use of Health and Social Care