Strava Metro data
Strava is a social network for athletes, recording data from its users who upload cycle rides and running activity via smartphone or GPS device. This dataset comprises anonymised data from Strava users in Scotland and the North East of England. The aggregate information provides GIS compatible data that offer a minute by minute count of users at street level and wait times at intersections based on the Open Street Map roads network. The origin and destination of trips is also available, resolved to census output areas.
- Data owner: Strava Inc
- Coverage (geographical): Scotland, Tyne & Wear
- Coverage (time): 2015 available now (2016 data will be delivered quarterly). Data corresponding solely to Glasgow is available for 2013 and 2014.
- Who can use this data? Anyone
- Format: Supplied as ESRI .shp file and csv format
- More information: Visit Strava Metro to learn more about their data. A full description of the data is available in the Strava Metro Comprehensive User Guide.